Question:
should fast food restaurants be banned? why or why not?
2008-02-20 13:22:15 UTC
i have to do a persuasive essay on this thank you for your help!!
Twenty answers:
ryan_schrader2001
2008-02-20 13:39:22 UTC
No. It'd be a violation of freedom of choice. Besides, it's not the restraunt itself that is bad for people, it's certain kinds of food. If you wanted to ban something for being bad for people's health, you'd have to ban a lot of things. Tobacco, nicotine, sugar, salt, deep fat frying, alcohol, chocolate, margarine.

Also, banning fast food restraunts would cause alot of current restraunts to have to shut down. It'd be big blow to our economy, and we're already very close to a recession as it is now.
tone
2008-02-20 17:02:58 UTC
No restaurants fast food or other wise should ever be banned. Our country allows us the freedom of choice. We cn eat what we want, when we want and how we want, where we want. People need to be responsible for their health and choices in life and this includes the foods they eat and where they eat and how much they eat. People can overeat and eat bad food at any restaurant, not only fast food. Banning fast food would be another example of the government telling us what to do, because some lawmaker thinks they know what is best for the people. they want us to believe we need them to make our choices when really we don't. Our governement is already too involved in our everyday life however, they cjoose to deny us universal healthcare and help for the poor and homeless when this is what they and everyone else should worry about (plus end the war in Iraq) and stop obsessing over fast food eating. It is time for people to take responsibility for everything they do and eat and where......we don ot need anyone telling us this. What will be banned next Dunkin Donuts? A ban on restaurants would trul;y be the end of any freedom we have. Education on healthy eating, exercise and personal responsibility are needed. Other countries have fast food places but the people avoid them or eat in moderation...why because they are educated about nutrition and care about their health plus they have universal health care and therefore take better care of themselves.
2008-02-20 14:12:35 UTC
No. Because if you can ban one specific type of legal institution, what else can you ban that people may disagree with? Book clubs? Sci-fi Conventions? Specific Religions? This sort of thing is called a slippery slope for a very good reason.

EVERYTHING is going to have it's detractors and many may feel the world is a better place w/o certain organizations. But unless an organization is actively breaking the law or is infringing upon the rights of others it comes down to personal choice.
sassylassy2876
2008-02-20 13:43:53 UTC
No, why should a fast food place be banned because people who are over weight like to blame the fast food place for them being over weight. It not meant to be eatin every day. people have self control as to what they put in the body. It isn't McDonald's fault you are over weight it your fault for not having self control. They make food that is junk for and it called fast food because it makes it for when you don't feel like cooking. people try to blame every thing but them selves for their habits. we choose what we do and the fast food places are there because people continue to go there. They will continue to be there for as long as people go there. you don't want to gain a lot of weight use common sense. people seem to have lost all common sense when it comes to things like this. The answer is no the people need to start taking responsibility for their own actions and not blame fast food places for their over weight issues. You might as well banned sit down Restaurants also because they are fattening also. They may take longer to serve you but it still fattening. You can't ban some thing because people have lost self control and common sense. Some people can handle eating fast food once in a while other can not. Some people can get addicted to cigarettes and others will not. It is a behavior problem not a fast food places fault. the food isn't sold as a health food so it shouldn't be treated and some thing you eat all the time. we choose what we do and we got only our selves to blame. you can't say oh we need to ban fast food because it making people fat. no people need to regain common sense and take responsibility for their own actions. Not the fast food places. The fast food places don't threaten you to eat their food or they hurt you so why ban it. it is a life style choice to eat what you eat not the fast food places. So the answer is no.
lastminute girl
2008-02-20 13:41:47 UTC
No fast food restaurants should not be banned. Government action will only cause a black market of big macs and french fries. Jails will be overcrowded with back alley fry cooks and $1 menu junkies.
2008-02-20 15:02:19 UTC
Honestly, the food is not healthy. But before we decide to close down all of the restaurants, keep in mind all of the people who have jobs there. Believe me, you would not be working there if you didn't need the money. This is not one thing that people usually do for fun hahaha. And it isn't always a bunch of high school drop outs either. Think of college kids who need to pay for tuition and book fees, high school kids who need a car and their parents can't afford to buy one for them, and older people who have retired and need a little extra income.
Q-mama
2008-02-20 14:29:06 UTC
Well you should be doing your own research and homework but of course they shouldn't be banned. They are simply companies in the business of selling a product. They are not responsible for who buys their product or how their products are used. A ban in favor of public health would mean banning quite a few companies. Most products when not used responsibly can cause health problems or even death. People need to take responsibility for themselves.
2008-02-20 15:48:51 UTC
no! it's not the restaurants fault that people are become overwieight. if you want food and are on the go, you don't have time to wait at a resaurant. u need food. fast food may not be the healthiest, but its your decision if you order a salad and water or burger and a mcflurry. you shouldn't stop the choice.
2016-12-30 18:02:45 UTC
would not artwork. under-5-year-olds do no longer come into McDonalds or Burger King via themselves with their very own money, their mom and father purchase this junk for them. At superb, you ought to possibly ban rapid food chains from television merchandising geared in direction of teenagers -- not greater Ronald McDonald, not greater King from Burger King. Like that. situation is, the toddlers have already evolved a style for those issues, and that they ask for it. whether you no longer marketplace directly to teenagers, whether you refuse to sell junk food to any grownup observed via a preschooler, nonetheless if the mummy and father are desperate to feed their teenagers burgers and poultry nuggets, they're going to decide a trend. greater effective to furnish dietary training to human beings -- possibly as a chain of anti-junk-food public service bulletins, like they do with anti-smoking commercials.
Well...you wanted an answer
2008-02-20 13:36:23 UTC
Whether it should or shouldn't isn't even an argument. Will they or won't they is. And the answer is they will never close them down, they haven't banned cigarettes or alcohol have they?
2008-02-20 16:48:03 UTC
no since it's a person's choice to eat or do what they want. a good argument is to persuade the gov't to lower prices of produce and stop accepting lobbies from the corn and meat industries, though it won't happen.
Edward
2017-03-05 06:33:48 UTC
I watch or read everything...I like finding out new stuff.
turner
2017-01-30 17:03:39 UTC
While it's true that some t.v. programs are better at portraying and informing than catalogs, catalogs in themselves are an escape. Personally, i would have a reserve over t.v.
JASMINE W
2008-02-20 14:05:16 UTC
no because then how would people be able to grab sumthin quick to eat on the run or don't feel like cookin nehting that nite n want to grab sumthin on tha quicky??? i don't know what i would to w/out fast food resturants!!!lol good luck on your paper!!!lol
2008-02-20 13:41:02 UTC
no. it should be everyones own choice if they want to weight 500 pounds from eating that trash at fast food places
justsomedude
2008-02-20 14:48:54 UTC
NO.that is taking away a freedom to eat fastfood.
Scrubs
2008-02-20 13:56:59 UTC
no like some other people said it is a choice. as for me i don't eat there i don't let my kids eat there either they never had it so they dont know what they are missing
Deb
2008-02-20 14:38:31 UTC
No it should not be banned. We need our quick fix! I need mine. I want my burger and fries and skimpy apple pie!
2008-02-20 14:02:28 UTC
YES. its bad for us and the earth. the food gives us zits, makes us FAT, and its one main case of heart failure. Why do we love it soooooo much???? Banding fast food will NEVER happen. but I think we can help by STOP eating fast food.
Rachelle G
2008-02-20 13:31:46 UTC
ha-ha, will never happens.