Question:
what is "jamocha"?
candeelux
2006-05-20 14:23:50 UTC
On Arby's commercial, it says, try our jamocha shake.
Eighteen answers:
Morrisevers
2006-05-20 14:24:51 UTC
It's like a coffee flavored chocolate. I'm not sure how they make it, but the recipe below listed by "who?me?" makes sense. I have ordered it and that's just what it tasted like: coffee flavored chocolate. It wasn't bad, but not my favorite.
extremenerd
2006-05-20 14:27:33 UTC
Jamoke is usually said to come from Java plus Mocha. When it first appeared, at the end of the nineteenth century, it literally meant coffee, and was sometimes written as Jamocha, which makes the origin a bit clearer (despite the coffee associations, linguists would say that the word is a clipped compound, not a blend ...). An example, from a book called Gay-Cat of 1922: “There ain’t nothing stronger in the booze line than pure alky mixed with jamocha”.

Hope this helps!
?
2016-11-09 14:14:44 UTC
Jamocha
Scarlet
2006-05-20 14:27:44 UTC
Its a java/mocha (coffee, chocolate) flavored shake...very yummy...if you like coffee and you like chocolate then you'll love this. Go try one..or follow this link to make your own. http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=350563#post350563

This is a copy cat recipe of Arby's Jamocha shake. It is very good. Remeber a recipe is just a starting point. If you like it less coffee tasting reduce coffee.

Arby's Jamocha Shake

Yield: 2

1 cup cold coffee

1 cup low-fat milk

3 tbl granulated sugar

1 dsh salt

3 cup vanilla ice cream

3 tbl chocolate syrup

Method:

Combine the coffee, milk, sugar and salt in a blender and mix on medium speed for 15 seconds to dissolve the sugar.

Add ice cream, and chocolate syrup then blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Stop blender and stir mixture with a spoon if necessary to help blend ingredients.

Pour drink into two 16-ounce glasses.

This recipe yields 2 large drinks.
2015-08-06 00:44:15 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what is "jamocha"?

On Arby's commercial, it says, try our jamocha shake.
Who?Me?
2006-05-20 14:25:13 UTC
It is a very fatty shake.

Check this out: http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c223s.html

I also found the recipe:

1 cup cold coffee

1 cup low-fat milk

3 tablespoons granulated sugar

3 cups vanilla ice cream

3 tablespoons chocolate syrup

1. Combine the coffee, milk, and sugar in a blender

and mix on medium speed for 15 seconds to dissolve

the sugar.

2. Add ice cream, and chocolate syrup then

blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Stop

blender and stir mixture with a spoon if necessary to

help blend ingredients.

3. Pour drink into two 16-ounce

glasses
merlin_steele
2006-05-20 14:26:21 UTC
LOL That's funny! I'm drinking one right now! I live within a block of an Arby's, and it's a good shake. I'm not really sure, it kind of reminds me of chocolate, but has a bit of vanilla flavor, and then a hint of coffee, I think. And it's frozen, so in this hot weather, it's really good!
castiglione
2016-12-28 11:03:54 UTC
Jamoca Shake
spackler
2006-05-20 14:26:06 UTC
It's an Arby's coffee and chocolate milkshake.
BonesofaTeacher
2006-05-20 14:25:19 UTC
It's just a chocolate type of shake they have. They have been using that name for maybe 20 years. Just a fancy name they made up for their rich chocolate and maybe partly coffee flavored shake. Try one and see if you like it. It's just too sweet for me but i liked them when i was younger.
hopestar
2006-05-20 14:28:27 UTC
Hmmm ... I'm in Arbys every couple of weeks for lunch and I've never seen it on their menu. Wonder if it's available in Canada? Will have to check it out.
2006-05-27 11:13:25 UTC
It is a coffee flavored shake and it's my favorite.
Jerry Holloway
2015-04-15 10:36:20 UTC
Carob & Coffee.
2006-05-20 14:25:17 UTC
This is a hilarious question! My mother loves jomocha shakes. Awwww yeah.
Brittney
2006-05-20 14:25:18 UTC
OMG its really good, its like a mocha and chocolate shake....
jammin
2006-05-20 14:40:24 UTC
a really, really good coffee and chocolate flavored milkshake!!
2006-05-27 13:00:07 UTC
IT A THING AT JAMBA JUICE THAT IS A JAMBA JUICE AND A MOCHA

I THINK
2006-05-20 14:25:20 UTC
jamaiican chocolate coffe